Legal Compliance. You must use the Services in compliance with, and only as permitted by, applicable law.
Your Responsibilities. You are responsible for your conduct, Customer Data, and communications with others while using the Services. You must comply with the following requirements when using the Services:
(a) You may not use the Services to commit an unlawful activity; use the Services for activities where use or failure of the Services could lead to physical damage, death, mental harm, or personal injury.
(b) You may not provide any person under the age of 13 with access to the Services.
(c) You may not purchase, use, or access the Services for the purpose of building a competitive product or service or for any other competitive purposes.
(d) You may not misuse our Services by interfering with their normal operation, or attempting to access them using a method other than through the interfaces and instructions that we provide.
(e) You may not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any limitations that SurveyMonkey imposes on your account (such as by opening up a new account to create or distribute a survey, form, application, or questionnaire that we have closed for a violation of our terms or policies).
(f) Unless authorized by SurveyMonkey in writing, you may not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability or security of the Services or any SurveyMonkey system or network.
(g) Unless authorized by SurveyMonkey in writing, you may not use any automated system or software to extract or scrape data from the websites or other interfaces through which we make our Services available.
(h) You may not deny others access to, or reverse engineer, the Services, or assist anyone else to do so, to the extent such restriction is permitted by law.
(i) You may not store or transmit any viruses, malware, or other types of malicious software, or links to such software, through the Services.
(j) You may not use the Services to infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
(k) Unless authorized by SurveyMonkey in writing, you may not resell or lease the Services.
(l) If your use of the Services requires you to comply with industry-specific regulations applicable to such use, you will be solely responsible for such compliance, unless SurveyMonkey has agreed with you in writing otherwise. You may not use the Services in a way that would subject SurveyMonkey to those industry-specific regulations without obtaining SurveyMonkey’s prior written agreement.
Phishing and Security
We strive to protect the security of respondents and take measures to ensure they are not misled for fraudulent or malicious purposes. We will suspend any use of the Services which come to our attention that:
- attempts to collect social security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other similar types of sensitive information;
- publishes a person’s sensitive identifying information against their wishes; or
- is intended to deceive or mislead respondents, including by linking to websites with malicious software such as malware.
Privacy and Impersonation
Respondents provide responses with the expectation that their information will be handled respectfully and not abused.
- We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices when you use the Services and, if you do, we require you to act in accordance with those practices.
- You may not claim that a survey or other use of our Services is anonymous when it is not.
- You may not impersonate others when using the Services.
We treat our users’ email addresses with respect and expect our users who collect email addresses to do the same.
- Emails you send via the Services must have a valid reply-to email address owned or managed by you.
- We prohibit the use of harvested mailing lists.
- We prohibit the use of third-party, purchased, or rented mailing lists unless you are able to provide proof that individuals on the list have opted-in to receiving emails of the type you will be sending them.
You must not use the Services to send emails with deceptive subject lines or false or misleading header information.
Violence and Hate Speech
We remove content and may report information related to that content to law enforcement authorities if we become aware of, and believe that, a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threat to public safety exists.
- Our Services may not be used to credibly threaten others, or to organize or incite violence. This includes content which attacks people, or incites attacks on people, based on their ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, disability, or medical condition.
- Our Services may not be used to promote or glorify self-harm.
Bullying and Harassment
Our Services may not be used to bully or harass an individual.
Pornography and Offensive Graphic Material
We acknowledge nudity, pornography and gore may have a legitimate place in certain uses of our Services. However, we discourage the gratuitous inclusion of such materials.
- You may not include gratuitous graphic violent material or pornography in connection with the use of our Services.
- We recommend adding a conspicuous warning screen before displaying any material which may be offensive in nature.
- We strictly prohibit and report to law enforcement any display of sexual or pornographic content (including in cartoon form) involving minors.