Educational Survey Templates
Find out how successfully your school or university interacts with students, parents, and teachers.
There are many groups in the educational system that contribute to the success of that environment. From students to teachers to parents to administrators, you have a lot of components that need to work together to create a supportive, efficient learning atmosphere. Should one group within the school system become dissatisfied or ambivalent, it can create a domino effect that disrupts the entire educational community. So how do you know if your school system is running smoothly? Send out an educational feedback survey to the different groups in your school system and see how well things are going on your campus.
How to Use Our School Questionnaire Samples
At SurveyMonkey, we’ve got lots of ways you can start a conversation with your campus community to gauge mood and effectiveness. Customize a survey of your own, or use one of our methodologist-certified educational survey templates to get you started. Here are a few ideas.
- Faculty satisfaction. Determine the overall mood of your university’s professors and instructors with a university faculty satisfaction survey. Ask questions like, “How effective is the leadership of your department chair?” and, “How fair is your pay at this university?” to get your faculty’s opinions on leadership, work/life balance, and available resources..
- Internet and social media safety. Are students acting appropriately and being safe when they use email, Facebook, MySpace, and the Internet in general? We’ve developed several child Internet safety questionnaires for students to determine how, where, and when they use social media. You’ll get answers to questions such as, “How much do your parents know about what you do on the Internet?” and, “When you’re on social networking websites (like Facebook, Twitter, or Myspace), about how much of your time do you spend posting things about other people?” For best results, make sure to let the students know these surveys are completely anonymous and secure.
- Parental involvement. What do parents think about the schools, teachers, community, and even their own ability to contribute effectively to their children’s education? Provide one of our targeted school survey templates focused on the parents, and ask such questions as, “How confident are you in your ability to support your child’s learning at home?” and, “How much does a busy schedule prevent you from becoming involved with your child’s current school?”
- Overall climate and mood. Sometimes you just need to know how students, teachers, and parents are generally feeling about the school and community. Give them the opportunity to sound off about subjects like, “Our school shows respect for people from all backgrounds and cultures,” “Students think the school rules are fair,” and, “Teasing and picking on other students is pretty common here.”
School and University Survey Examples and Templates
- Education Demographics Template
Discover the makeup of your school community with 16 basic demographic questions about gender, income, race, relationship to student, and more.
- Parent Engagement Template
Understand how parents interact with teachers and other parents about school involvement, fundraising, social needs, and volunteering with this 10-question template.
- Learning Support Template
Ask parents five short questions about how they support their children’s educational environment at home.
- Parent Self Efficacy Template
How empowered do parents feel to support their child’s learning at home and involvement at school? Help gauge their confidence level with this 7-question survey.
- University Faculty Satisfaction Survey Template
Use this faculty satisfaction survey template to ask university faculty about the leadership, interactions, administration, and general job satisfaction at their university. It’s a quick, 10-question survey.
- University Instructor Evaluation Template
The students have the opportunity to grade the university professors and instructors with this 28-question survey. Questions asked center around course materials, teaching methods, instructor availability, assignment usefulness, and overall satisfaction.
- University Student Graduation Template
Hear from students about their experience at the university with this 10-question student graduation template. You’ll get insight about expected graduation dates, as well as overall impressions on the teaching quality, facilities, and future goals.
- University Student Satisfaction Template
This 10-question general feedback survey lets college students express their satisfaction with teaching effectiveness, facilities, registration process, campus safety, and more.
- University Teaching Assistant Evaluation Template
The university TAs are evaluated in this 15-question survey. Students are asked to rate student assistants on subject knowledge, material presentation, teaching ability, availability, and overall effectiveness.
- K-12 Teacher Feedback Template
K-12 teachers are asked 10 questions in this teacher satisfaction questionnaire. Subjects like school safety, resources, administrative support, standardized tests, and student achievement are all explored in this template.
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Pre K-12 Parent Survey Template
A robust, 80-question survey, this template focuses on parents’ thoughts, feelings, and impressions around their experience with their child’s school. It includes questions about the parents’ roles and beliefs, the child’s interactions at school, perceptions of the school environment, and demographics.
- K-12 Parent Survey
A longer-format survey with 42 questions, this questionnaire explores the relationship a parent of a K-12 child has with the school, community and environment.
- School Program Fit Template
This short, 8-question template asks parents about the relationship between the school’s activities, teaching styles, and disciplinary procedures and how they fit with the child’s abilities, interests, and cultural background.
- Parent Roles and Responsibilities Template
Parents, students, or educators: Who is responsible for what? In this 12-question survey, you’ll learn how parents feel educational responsibilities should be divided among school and home, including safety, learning methods, interests, and peer relationships.
- School Climate Survey
How high does your school score on motivating children? Does your school value diversity? Do teachers respect students? See how parents answer these questions and more with this in-depth, 53-question survey.
- High School Sports Student Feedback Template
This one-page high school sports feedback template asks student athletes about their experiences with teachers, parents, and coaches in relation to their sports participation.
- Bullying Survey Template
Get insight into bullying at your school with this quick, 10-question bullying survey template. It includes questions about the types, severity, and frequency of bullying that can occur at public or private schools.
- Child Behaviors Template
Parents talk about their child’s behavior at home and how it relates to their school experience in this 9-question survey. You’ll learn about their child’s educational efforts, reading interest, emotional management, motivation, and more.
- Parental Support Template
Learn how to better support parents with this 15-questions survey template focusing on the challenges parents face. Transportation, school staff, communication, childcare, and more are explored.
- Social Support Template
Ask parents how their children are doing socially, what they’re doing to support their children, and how they communicate with them in this short, 4-question survey.
- Child Email Usage and Safety Template
This student-focused, 6-question survey asks children about their email usage, their parents’ involvement, and when, where, and how they use email.
- Child Facebook Usage and Safety Template
Ask students about their Facebook behaviors, including their parents’ knowledge and involvement, how they use Facebook, how often they access it, and the kinds of interactions that happen on the site. This is a 10-question survey.
- Child General Internet Usage and Safety Template
This short, 5-question survey explores students’ use of the internet, including how often they use it, their parents’ involvement, and the kinds of interactions they have online.
- Child Myspace Usage and Safety Template
This 10-question survey asks students about their Myspace behaviors, including their parents’ knowledge and involvement, how they use Myspace, how often they access it, and the kinds of interactions that happen on the site. This is a 10-question survey.
- Child Online Behavior Template
This 5-question survey asks students about their use of the internet, including how often they use it, their parents’ involvement, and the kinds of interactions they experience online.
- Public School Survey Template
This public school survey template gets insights from parents and others about the public school systems in their area. It includes questions about perceptions of the school district, volunteering availability, and how the school system can be improved.
3 Tips to Get Started
- Keep it short and focused . Make sure each question brings you closer to your goal. Be mindful of survey takers’ time, and word the questions clearly. A good rule of thumb is your survey should take no more than ten minutes to complete.
- Remember the audience. You speak to kids differently than you speak to parents and educators. Keep your audience in mind when you’re writing questions, and adjust according to the audience.
- Do a test run. Do a pre-test run of your survey to discover awkward wording, incomplete thoughts, faulty skip logic, and to help estimate the amount of time the survey will take a respondent to complete. You might be surprised at what you find.
Have More Questions?
If you are interested in using an education survey template but have further questions, please get in touch with us.
Looking for More Survey Templates and Survey Questions?
- Business Survey Templates
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Questions
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Templates
- Employee Satisfaction Survey Templates
- Event Planning Survey Templates
- Free Survey Templates
- HR Survey & Training Survey Templates
- Marketing Survey Templates
- Market Research Survey Templates
- Net Promoter Score
- Non-Profit Survey Templates
- Survey Question Types
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we’ve made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.