Support for a bipartisan commission to investigate the January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol is nearly universal among Democrats, huge majority support among independents as well.
- 90% of Democrats support the commission, with 78% saying they “strongly support” the commission
- 72% of independents, including 36% who “strongly support”
- 42% of Republicans, including just 17% who “strongly support”
Republicans have a unity problem
- 78% of Democrats view their own party as united today; just 58% of Republicans say their own party is united
- 68% of Democrats say the Republican party is somewhat or very divided today, while 52% of Republicans say the Democratic party is somewhat or very divided
Republicans still deny or remain uncertain that President Biden legitimately won the 2020 election.
- 78% of Republicans either believe Biden did not win legitimately or remain unsure; 58% of which outright challenge the legitimacy.
- 94% of Democrats say Biden legitimately won the election, with just 2% saying he did not and 3% saying they are not sure
- 62% of independents accept Biden as the legitimate winner, 21% are unsure, and 16% do not accept the results as legitimate
- Virtually no movement from when this was last asked in January of this year.
Read more about our polling methodology here.
Click through all the results in the interactive toplines below: