Importance of Feedback
Huge majorities (85%) of consumers say it’s important to be able to share feedback with companies whose products or services they buy. Majorities of consumers also trust that companies will act on the feedback they receive (61%); up a full 10 percentage points from 2019.
Feedback platform: Surveys > chat tools > social media
When it comes to giving that feedback, consumers are most likely to share their experiences by responding to post-purchase surveys.
- 75% likely to respond via survey
- 58% are willing to give feedback in a support chat or tools within a product
- 50% likely to use social media to voice their opinions
Surveys are also more likely than social media and chat tools to get feedback from all age groups, particularly those 65+.
- 81% of 65+ are likely to give feedback after a purchase via surveys
- 72-76% of younger cohorts will also provide feedback via surveys
When asked what company does the best job acting on feedback, top mentions include: Amazon, Apple, Target, Walmart, Target, Starbucks, Chick-fil-a, and airlines.
Read more about our polling methodology here.
Click through all the results in the interactive toplines below: