Employee & Human Resources Surveys
Make better decisions to benefit your entire organization
Human resources professionals want to recruit and retain the best talent possible. No surprise there. Depending on your HR discipline, workplace surveys can help you understand the impact of current programs and policies, while allowing you to identify areas for improvement. The attitudes and opinions of your employees are strongly tied to human resources areas such as employee benefits, Global HR and staffing. Overall, HR surveys can help you connect your employees’ roles, work, and performance to business goals. Survey results will shed light upon the metrics you want to track, and you’ll have the deliverables you need to present your progress.
What Do You Get When You Survey Employees?
You get better decision making and a happier workplace. This means overall better performance and increased revenue. The results of any human resources survey will reveal areas of improvement that can lead to a more productive workforce. SurveyMonkey’s workplace, employee, and training templates get you started fast. You can use our surveys as they are, or customize them to create a continuous brand experience. Insert your logo, choose your own themes and colors, and design a survey that matches the look and feel of your organization.
Following are common areas of focus for many business owners, HR directors, managers, training & development professionals, and human capital specialists.
- Employee Satisfaction. The secret to a happier, more productive workforce. Use online surveys to identify which levers make employees happy and unhappy, and act on feedback to boost levels of satisfaction. Stressed out employees can lead to an unhealthy work environment—which can cost the company a loss of productivity.
- 360 Degree Feedback and Employee Evaluation. Evaluate employees based on feedback from supervisors, peers, and subordinates. This type of feedback is focused on employee assessment from multiple perspectives.
- Career Training and Development. What courses, continuing education, or otherwise, do your employees need to meet their objectives? What do employees think of your company’s job training and development program? Do employees feel like this is a workplace that nurtures their career goals and ambitions?
- Employee Benefits and Remuneration. Do employees feel that they are adequately compensated? Does the benefits package match the needs of the staff? Are there perks and benefits they would like to see? Do employees feel that their efforts are being recognized and appreciated?
- Self-Assessment. How would employees rate their job performance and satisfaction? Have they met the goals set at the beginning of the quarter or year? Were the goals set for them reasonable and attainable?
- Employee Surveys. Communicate with employees on a regular basis. What do they find lacking in an ideal working environment? Would they like to be able work remotely? Get opinions on office politics and gauge the morale of the entire organization.
- Job satisfaction. Do employees find their jobs and responsibilities to be rewarding? Do they feel challenged and do they still enjoy coming into the office every day? Is there another role that might allow for more fulfillment or better learning potential?
- Employee Satisfaction with Company. How would employees rate your company and the work environment? Do employees feel stressed out by deadlines? Are employees happy with the direction of the company? Do employees feel engaged with their job and the company? Is there an adequate work life balance?
- Employee Satisfaction with Personnel Policies. What do employees think of various human resource issues? Do employees feel good about workplace safety and company ethics? Are employees satisfied with their coworkers? How do they react to the new policies HR just published? The best way to head off a PR or social media problem is to understand how employees feel before they go public about their grievances.
- Manager Effectiveness. Across departments, what are the employees’ opinions on management? Do supervisors and managers communicate expectations with their direct reports? Are the goals and vision of the company clear to all employees, across teams, departments, and geographies?
- Exit Interview. Are there any insights from departing workers that might help improve the onboarding experience and overall employee satisfaction for future efforts?
- Employee Meeting Surveys. What do your employees think of the quarterly all-hands meeting? Or Happy Hour Thursdays? Do people want to attend more events? What about an offsite to Las Vegas or Honolulu? Send out a survey and make the next event or meeting even better.
5 Ways to Use Employee Surveys to Reach Your Objectives
- Improve employee satisfaction
- Boost employee productivity
- Address employee benefits concerns and satisfaction
- Make training sessions, meetings and orientations more effective
- Retain quality employees
Employee Surveys in Action
The following examples show the true potential of human resources surveys:
A consumer packaged goods company might collect employee survey samples to examine the performance of the Human Resource department across issues such as processing information and responsiveness. The survey results are used as a benchmark for performance ratings and identify areas of improvement.
Survey Results in Multiple Languages
With SurveyMonkey’s skip logic feature, a manufacturer’s HR group can create and send out one employee survey yet receive responses in any of the languages in which it operates. They can use SurveyMonkey to gather employee opinions on the HR department and its services.
SurveyMonkey Offers Employee Survey Templates
Make the most of your time by leveraging SurveyMonkey’s methodologist-certified human resources survey and employee survey templates. You’ll be able to create your online survey in a matter of minutes on a wide variety of topics such as employee satisfaction, 360 assessment, recruitment and more. SurveyMonkey also gives you access to the survey tools you need to easily deploy and analyze your HR survey—empowering you to make smarter decisions. And we take survey security seriously, so rest assured knowing your data and insights are safe with us.
Looking for More Survey Types and Survey Examples?
- Business Surveys
- Certified Survey Questions
- Consumer Surveys
- Customer Loyalty Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
- Job Satisfaction Survey
- Marketing Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Measurement and Testing
- Medical Research Surveys
- Non-Profit Surveys
- Online Polls
- Online Questionnaires
- Product Feedback Surveys
- Education Surveys
- Fun Surveys
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Pre K-12 Parent Survey
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we’ve made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.