Job Satisfaction Survey
Encourage an effective workforce with job satisfaction surveys.
Support a happy, productive workplace by using surveys to ask about employee satisfaction and employee engagement. Do your employees feel their work is meaningful and their objectives clear? What motivates them to do their best work? Job satisfaction surveys help you make a meaningful connection between employees’ criteria for job satisfaction and your business goals, so you can engage your workforce in a truly satisfying way.
SurveyMonkey makes it easy to learn from your employees. Create a custom job satisfaction survey, or get a jumpstart with an employee satisfaction survey template from our expert methodologists. We’ll even help you collect answers and analyze the results.
Please note: Some survey templates are only available in English.
How to Use Job Satisfaction Surveys
What is the top reason employees stay with an organization? Studies have shown they stay for “exciting work and challenge.” To keep your employees excited, poll them to understand whether they’re happy with their jobs – and what it takes to ensure that they are. Learn more about:
- Job satisfaction. There’s a direct relationship between overall employee morale and employee job satisfaction, and surveys can help you see it. Ask your employees: “How meaningful is your work?” and “How challenging is your job?” Or: “In a typical week, how often do you feel stressed at work?” Their answers can help you pinpoint and build on what’s working—or correct what’s not.
- Training and career development opportunities. Most people want to grow their careers, and they’ll stay with the company that supports their development. Use questionnaires to find out if your employees believe they have those opportunities with your company.
- Team experience. Being a member of a good, effective team boosts job satisfaction. Invite employees to assess their teams’ performance. Ask questions like: “How well do members of your team share responsibility for tasks?” and “How honest with each other are the members of your team?” Use that feedback to develop core team collaboration and communication skills for greater job satisfaction.
- Experience with management. Managers directly impact employees’ day-to-day job satisfaction. Spot potential issues using surveys. Ask questions like “How effective is the training you receive from your supervisor?” or “How consistently does your supervisor reward employees for good work?” Use employee feedback from management performance and 360-reviews to make sure you’re developing good managers.
- Performance Reviews. Regular performance reviews—of individuals, teams, and managers—can give HR departments timely insight into how employees feel about their jobs.
Sample Survey Templates
Job satisfaction surveys require thoughtful construction, but we take the work out of it. All of our template questions are written by professional survey methodologists, so you can use them as is. You can also customize templates to fit your needs, or create your own using the certified questions available in our Question Bank. (At this time, most of our survey templates are in english only, although we do plan to offer them in other languages soon.)
Here are a few expert-designed templates to help you understand more about employees’ job satisfaction:
- Employee/Job Satisfaction. Employees can rate their satisfaction with their jobs using this 14-question survey, which includes questions about salary, leadership, and stress.
- Team or Department Performance. These 14-question surveys ask employees to assess their team or department’s professionalism, conflict management, communication skills and more.
- Manager Effectiveness. This 17-question survey invites employees to evaluate their managers’ availability, training, decision-making skills, alignment of work and business strategy, and ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Management Performance. Employees rate management as a whole in this 14-question survey, which presents questions about management’s approachability, resource use, skills and ability, and money management.
- 360-Degree Employee Evaluation. Employees can choose to provide feedback about a supervisor, peer, or subordinate with this variable survey, with questions based on the role being evaluated.
- Employee Exit. This 21-question survey asks an exiting employee about the reasons for their departure, as well as their experiences with leadership, team members, and the work environment.
3 Quick Tips to Improve Survey Response Rates
- Be explicit about confidentiality. Reassure your employees that their responses will be kept confidential.
- When possible, make responses anonymous. You’re more likely to receive honest feedback and a greater number of completed surveys.
- Avoid corporate-speak. Create surveys that sound human and approachable and invite thoughtful feedback.
Looking for More Survey Types and Survey Examples?
- Business Surveys
- Certified Survey Questions
- Consumer Surveys
- Customer Loyalty Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
- HR Survey & Training Survey
- Marketing Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Measurement and Testing
- Medical Research Surveys
- Non-Profit Surveys
- Online Polls
- Online Questionnaires
- Product Feedback Surveys
- Education Surveys
- Fun Surveys
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Pre K-12 Parent Survey
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we’ve made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.