Consumer and Customer Surveys
Hear from Those Who Matter Most with Consumer and Customer Surveys
The voice of the customer is valuable for any business big or small. What they have to say can mean the difference between a successful fiscal year and a disappointing one. Listen to your clients’ opinions about your product line, customer service, brand recognition, and website quality when you provide a customer service survey after a sale or other transaction. When you hear from your consumers about their experiences with your company or organization, you’ll be in a much better position to offer the best products and superior customer service that will make them loyal customers for years to come.
It’s Easy to Create A Consumer Feedback Survey in Minutes
After a transaction or campaign, use one of our methodologist-certified customer survey satisfaction templates to learn about their experiences and how you can improve them. Here are a few client survey ideas to get you started.
- Learn about the mechanics and quality of their experiences. However they interacted with your company – by phone, website, or in person – it’s important to understand how easy and enjoyable their experiences were. Was your website simple to use? Did your help line phone tree confuse them? Was your salesperson friendly and helpful? These are the kinds of things you’ll learn with a consumer experience survey.
- Find opportunities for cross- or up-selling. A client survey can help you identify additional products or services your clientele might like to buy. This valuable data combined with suitable methods for up-selling can give your marketing and sales teams the information they need to help create more profitable transactions.
- Keep your customers. Studies show it costs five times as much to gain a new customer than it does to keep an existing one. If your clients aren’t happy with your customer service, they’ll go elsewhere and you may never even know it. Worse, they may tell their friends and family about their negative experience, costing you further business. Use a customer loyalty survey and find out exactly how to keep your customers loyal. Deploy a Net Promoter Score Survey to see where you stand with your customer base.
- Get new shoppers. Is there a way to improve customer relations to gain new clientele? Sure! Use a market research survey template to discover new ways of reaching out to a whole new audience. Maybe your phone customers would love a website option, or perhaps a phone call is the preferred method. And when your customers are happy, they’ll tell others about their great experience with your company. Deploy a Net Promoter Score Survey to see where you stand with your customer base.
4 Tips for a Great Customer Feedback Survey
- Follow up. Let your respondents know they’ve been heard. Thank them for good feedback, or if they had a bad experience, contact them to better understand how you can improve your customer service or what you could do to bring them back.
- Make it specific. The more specific your customer relations survey, the more likely you’ll gain valuable information. Instead of, “What do you think of our Widgets?” ask, “You recently purchased Widget XYZ. What did you think of the price?”
- Get them while they’re fresh. When you send a client survey after a transaction or campaign, you’ll have a better chance of getting valuable information while it’s fresh in your customers’ minds.
- Talk to your customer service representatives. Your customer service representatives are often your best source of information when it comes to what your consumers are saying. You’ll get some great ideas for customer service survey questions from your representatives.
You don’t have to spend loads of money to get answers. You just need to take advantage of the smart, cost-effective tools. Not sure how to reach the right people? SurveyMonkey Audience gives you access to millions of respondents ready to provide the answers you need to make critical decisions. At SurveyMonkey we’re always working to improve our technology to help you make your best decisions. By sending a survey to reach out to your target market, you can make sure your efforts are as effective as possible.
And if you’re looking to reach your respondents via telephone polls, Precision Polling by SurveyMonkey is your answer. Record questions in your own voice, upload your survey, and get answers in hours. Click here to learn more.
Looking for More Survey Types and Survey Examples?
- Business Surveys
- Certified Survey Questions
- Customer Loyalty Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Employee Surveys
- Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- Event Planning Surveys
- HR Survey & Training Survey
- Job Satisfaction Survey
- Marketing Surveys
- Market Research Surveys
- Measurement and Testing
- Medical Research Surveys
- Non-Profit Surveys
- Online Polls
- Online Questionnaires
- Product Feedback Surveys
- Education Surveys
- Fun Surveys
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Pre K-12 Parent Survey
Why Do 20+ Million People Use SurveyMonkey?
Send an unlimited number of surveys and polls with our FREE plan.
- Easy to Use
Create and monitor your survey directly over the Internet — we’ve made it easy to get started, learn & use.
- Intuitive Design
There’s no need to be a programmer or engineer — if you can check email or use Facebook, then you can use SurveyMonkey.
- Real Time Results
You can view your data as it comes in, keeping it to yourself or allowing others to see it.
- Trustworthy & Experienced
SurveyMonkey has helped over 20 million satisfied customers gather information online.
- Expands with Your Needs
SurveyMonkey PRO plans enhance your ability to gather & interpret information with advanced analytics and more.