Planning an event—whether it’s for twenty 4-year olds or thousands of Fortune 500 employees—can be completely overwhelming. That’s where SurveyMonkey comes in. Consider us the best event coordinator you never have to hire. Read on to learn 3 ways we can help make your next event a smashing success—saving you time and money (so you can go big on that ice sculpture).
1) Pre-Event: Start At the Very Beginning
You’ve been given the green light for your event. Now all you need is a date, venue, invite list, agenda, speakers, menu, goody bags…and your sanity back. By starting with a pre-event survey, you can simplify planning and learn more about your attendees to help you tailor your event.
Quickly find out from your guests:
- The best dates
- Food preferences
- Travel plans or needs
- Interest level in seminars or outings
- How to stay in contact (email, Facebook, Twitter, snail mail)
- And much more…
2) Easy RSVP: Let Wufoo Do the Heavy Lifting
Using the results from your spiffy pre-event survey, you’ve set your date, picked the location, and planned an amazing agenda. Now you’ve got to gather RSVPs. Before hiring temps (or neighborhood children) to stuff envelopes, lick stamps, and tally response cards, check out what you can do with Wufoo (the newest member of the SurveyMonkey family).
- Embed your RSVP form right on your website
- Create a custom theme
- Easily build reports for everyone involved in planning your event (let the caterer know 25 people want beef, 15 want chicken, and 7 are going vegetarian)
- Get notified by email or SMS when someone replies
- Collect payments (PayPal, Authorize.net, and Google Checkout) right from your form
3) Post-Event: Wrap It Up in Style
You know whether you thought the event was a success, but what about all those people you were trying to impress? Following up to gather valuable feedback and actionable insights will help you make your next event an even bigger success. And, it’s a great way to thank your guests and show you care.
What kinds of events are you planning this year? Tell us how we can help make your next event a huge success in the comments below.