Turn text responses into actionable data
Questions that let respondents reply with a comment can provide valuable information. With SurveyMonkey’s text analysis tools you can easily cut through the clutter, avoid labor-intensive efforts, and get to ah-ha in just a few clicks.
Analyze text responses—instantly
Got dozens, thousands, or even millions of open-text responses? With Sentiment Analysis, just click to get an instant summary of how people feel.
- See positive, neutral, or negative sentiments at a glance
- Filter by sentiment to quickly identify areas that need attention
- Filter a question by sentiment for even deeper insights
Visualize text responses
Word clouds let you quickly interpret open-ended responses with a visual display of the most frequently used words.
Customize the look of your word clouds:
- Select colors or fonts for specific words to add visual appeal
- Pick a range or threshold for when words should appear
- Easily hide any non-relevant words
- Combine related words into one category
To make the most of these features, you should aim for around 20 or more responses.
Tag for even more customization
Looking for something very specific in your response data? You can also tag your responses to uncover even more specific information in your open-ended response data.
- Sub-tags let you dig in even deeper and uncover finer subtexts
- Assign multiple tags to the same response as needed
- Filter results by tag to get more granular insights
Start tagging your responses
Do you have an open-ended question that you’re ready to analyze? Follow these step-by-step instructions to turn words into actionable data.