New poll from Axios and SurveyMonkey indicates that investor optimism is split going into 2019.
- 50% of people think now is a good time to invest in the stock market, and 45% think now is a bad time
- There's some self-selection bias going on here:
- 60% of investors think now is a good time to invest in the stock market
- 40% of non-investors think now is a good time
- About a third of people each say the stock market will finish 2019:
- Higher than today (32%)
- Lower than today (33%)
- About the same as today (32%)
- 53% of people are optimistic they will be able to achieve their investment goals over the next five years
Click through all the results below!