Since the last Fortune|SurveyMonkey poll, concerns about coronavirus have held steady or ticked slightly down, with 75% saying they are worried they or someone in their family will be exposed to the coronavirus. But the latest survey results show various economic effects of the virus are hitting hard:
- Among those who work full-time or part-time, 32% say they had their hours or pay cut as a result of the coronavirus
- 34% of those who are employed say they’ve been working remotely as a result of coronavirus
- 47% of people say they will use their stimulus check to pay off bills, excluding mortgage or rent
- 50% of people say they’ve already canceled or changed upcoming travel plans as a result of the coronavirus, and another 12% say they’re likely to change or cancel
- 71% of people said the earliest they would consider flying again is four or more months from now
For more detailed results, click through the interactive toplines below.
Read more about our polling methodology here.
How worried are you that you or someone in your family will be exposed to the coronavirus?
How worried are you that you or someone in your family will become sick from the coronavirus?
Do you have a positive or negative view of the U.S. government’s response to the coronavirus outbreaks?
What best describes your employment situation?
How worried are you that you’ll lose your job or work because of the coronavirus?
In what ways has your employment been impacted by the coronavirus outbreaks? (Select all that apply.)
Overall, have you felt more productive, equally as productive, or less productive at your job since you began working remotely as a result of the coronavirus outbreak?
If you receive an economic stimulus check from the government, what would you do with the money? (Please select all that apply.)
How likely are you to change or cancel any upcoming travel plans as a result of the coronavirus outbreak?
When is the earliest you would consider flying on a plane?
Do you support or oppose a federal bailout or relief package for Boeing, the U.S.-based airplane manufacturer?
In the past 12 months, about how often did you travel by plane?