ADA Self Evaluation FY 06-07
1. Identifier Information
I’m pleased to announce the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Self-Evaluation survey for FY06 and FY07. Thanks for your efforts in developing this new online instrument. It will provide a snapshot of our ADA accessibility efforts and needs. Please forward for completion by Division ADA Coordinators, or organization leads as the case may be. To ease its use please indicate the following:
• Due: April 30, 2008.
• Survey Link: ADA Survey or https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=W9psRlmVfx5pRythIVurXg_3d_3d.
• Each respondent should complete all questions. The state ADA office will follow up and help as needed (contact 465-6929 or e-mail).
• Comment wherever possible to support your compliance efforts.
• Department ADA Coordinators may opt to complete sections 4-5 or 6-8 for the department. If not indicated the organization lead will respond. These sections involve coordination, and facilities access respectively. Survey is also attached in Adobe for review of these sections.
o Department ADA Coordinators typically respond for their division or organizational unit.
• The survey should take forty-five minutes to three hours to complete, depending on familiarity with the material.
• It will take less time if respondents prepare beforehand a list of ADA complaints (received/resolved during FY06 and FY07) and Office Moves (to/from since FY06).
Regarding the Survey Monkey tool:
• Once the link is activated it tags that computer (respondents can’t complete from two different computers). Usernames or passwords aren’t necessary.
• Respondents can re-enter the survey to update responses or complete it in sessions.
• The survey will redirect people to the ADA Task Force webpage once completed.
Thanks again, and please let me know if I can help. My assistant, Jason Caputo is also available at 465-6933 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jason C. Burke
State of Alaska ADA Coordinator
Equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.