Glastonbury Festival Green Trader Awards 2010
1. Could you be the winner of the Green Traders Award 2010?
Glastonbury Festival, Greenpeace, The Soil Association, The Fairtrade Foundation and joining us this year the Nationwide Caterers Association (NCASS), announce the highly prestigious fifth Green Traders Awards which aims to recognize those Glastonbury traders who have done the most to give their businesses a low environmental impact.
It rewards the two outright winners in the food and non-food categories with a GOLD AWARD that includes the prize of a FREE STALL at the next Glastonbury festival. Two runners up will win a SILVER AWARD and a case of champagne. Each of these four winners receives an award banner for their stall which they can display throughout the festival season which according to previous winners does increase trade. The winners also appear on the Glastonbury festival website and we will promote them in the trade press.
This year sees THREE additional awards. One presented by the Fairtrade Foundation to the trader doing the most to promote the fairtrade ethos; a best organic trader award presented by the Soil Association; NCASS will give an award for the best tip for reducing energy use (Question 52 in the survey)
IT COULDN’T BE EASIER TO ENTER
To make it even simpler for you this year we’ve put the entry form online. Just fill in the following survey by Wednesday 16th June and during the festival one of the Green Traders Awards team will call on you and judge you on your replies to see if you make it into the finals when they pick the winners.
All you have to do is follow the instructions and press the DONE button when you’ve answered all the questions.
Good luck. The closing date for entries is Wednesday 16th June at midnight.
This is the 40th anniversary of Glastonbury Festival - lets make it memorable!
LOVE THE FARM - LEAVE NO TRACE
Last years winners were :-
Hurly Burly - Gold Award for food
Honeybuns - Silver Award for food
Two Skies - Gold Award for non food
Juicy Lucy - Silver Award for non food
Tat for Tibet - The Fairtrade Award
Helsett Farm - The Organic Soil Association Award
Rules and conditions:
- To enter you must be a registered trader at the 2010 Glastonbury Festival.
- You must be the stallholder or an official representative of the stallholder to enter the competition.
- The prize is as described and cannot be substituted or amended. No cash payments will be made.
- The prize does not include additional staff passes that you may require.
- Entry to the competition is free and you can only enter once.
- The competition will be judged by representatives of the organising bodies and their decisions are final.