District Calendar Patron Survey
Four-Day or Five-Day School Week Survey
For several months, the District Leadership Team has been exploring the possibility of moving to a four-day school week (left calendar) from a five-day week (right calendar). The committee has not made any final decisions to present to the Board of Trustees at this time. We have simply looked at potential schedule options and have created a draft schedule that would meet the state minimum instructional hours and still provide a reasonable number of hours for emergency closures. The draft schedule would reduce the total number of days from 173 to 152 (-21 days of instruction) by adding approximately 20 minutes to the school day. Any schedule changes would go into effect for the 2023-2024 school year. The following items are still under consideration and will be addressed as we work through the process:
- Harvest break length and placement,
- Specific dates for teacher work days,
- Dates and details for parent-teacher conferences,
- Focus of teacher inservices,
- Maintaining hours for classified staff (especially bus drivers and food service staff),
- Student intervention and remediation needs, and
- School bell schedules.
The purpose of this survey is to gain feedback and input from employees of the district as we look at all possible options. Please look at the two schedules and respond to the brief survey below.