2020 SGMP National Education Conference
May 19-21, 2020
St. Louis, Missouri
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning provides National Education Conference (NEC) scholarships to provide financial assistance to meeting planner members to attend NEC. This scholarship is intended to improve the return on investment for our SGMP supplier and planner members through additional educational and networking opportunities during the NEC.
- These scholarships are intended for planner members who would not be able to attend the NEC without financial assistance.
- Associate supplier members who plan meetings or conduct site selection functions for government meetings are eligible to apply.
- Planners whose agency or chapter would otherwise provide full funding for them to attend are not eligible.
- Applications are evaluated on the volume of meeting planning experience, not on activity in SGMP.
- Applicants who have never attended the NEC will be given preference.
- Applicants who have received a NEC Scholarship in the last three years may apply; however preference will be given to first time applicants.
Responsibilities of Recipients During and After the Conference:
- Attend all general sessions and educational sessions during the conference.
- Meet up daily at the conference with the scholarship team.
- Attend the Tuesday afternoon Scholar Orientation Meeting.
- Attend the Expo Activities.
- Attend the Wednesday evening Sam Gilmer Awards Banquet.
- Moderate at least three breakout sessions at the conference and perform other duties as assigned by the Gilmer trustees.
- Moderator duties include: Introduction of Speakers; Announcing In/Out Codes for the Session; Assisting the Speaker as needed; Directing attendees to the SGMP Conference APP to complete speaker evaluations; and Filling out Moderator Evaluation Sheet.
- Submit completed Moderator’s Session Summary Sheet for each session you moderate daily.
- Submit four bullet points with takeaways from the conference based on either one of the breakout sessions you attended or one of the keynote speakers and provide to the Gilmer Trustees by COB Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Meet all deadlines provided by the Headquarters staff and Gilmer Trustees, including booking approved travel.
- Must be able to attend the entire conference, beginning with orientation on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, and stay through the last session with the closing keynote speaker on Thursday afternoon, May 21, 2020.