About the Forest Stewardship Council Leadership Awards:
The annual FSC Leadership Award recognizes excellence in the use of FSC-certified products and commitment to responsible forest management in green building, manufacturing, advocacy, conservation and individual leadership in the FSC community.
Categories for submissions:
- A design & build project - a commercial, institutional, mixed-use or residential real estate development, or furniture or other product design in United States or Canada - completed in 2020 or 2019 and utilizing at least 50% FSC-certified materials for wood products.
- An FSC-certified company or organization - Current FSC certificate holder, in the United States or Canada.
- An FSC trademark license holder - Current trademark license, in the US or Canada.
- A nonprofit organization - Partnership or shared goal with the Forest Stewardship Council, in the US or Canada.
- An uncommon partnership - A campaign, event, or project that your company or organization completed in tandem with another company or organization brought about by your common interest in FSC and responsible forest management.
- An individual champion - An individual who has exemplified extraordinary leadership in innovating and advancing FSC and responsible forest management.
Requirements for submission:
- A narrative about the nominee's story and achievements (max 1000 words)
- 3 - 5 related images
- For design & build category only: Details on the FSC product(s), percentage of new wood that was used in the project, and any related green building documentation. (LEED or Living Building documentation will suffice for proposal)
- Any additional supporting materials (optional)
You are welcome to submit your own project or organization, or to nominate another. A jury will select winners based on comparison of all applications received and in consideration of the overall FSC marketplace. Submissions are due Friday, September 11, 2020 at 11:45pm Central Standard Time. Winners will be notified by Wednesday, October 7, 2020.