Congleton is in the process of developing a Neighbourhood Plan for the land within the boundaries of Congleton. THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A SAY ON THE POLICIES THAT WILL AFFECT CONGLETON FOR THE NEXT 15 YEARS AND BEYOND. We want to make sure that the policies reflect the views of the community. This survey will take you around 30 minutes to complete. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT THE POLICIES THAT WILL AFFECT THE FUTURE OF OUR TOWN. At the end of the questionnaire there is an option to enter a FREE PRIZE DRAW where THREE entries drawn at random will win £100. Contact details given for the draw will only be used to contact winners.
This questionnaire is a follow-up to the first Congleton Neighbourhood Plan survey which more than 1400 local people completed in the summer. We have looked at what you told us and are developing policies around the responses. We are interested in your views on the policies that we are making.
The Congleton Neighbourhood Plan cannot be developed in isolation. We are guided by national and regional policies and laws. We also have a duty to conform with the Emerging Cheshire East Local Plan
1. We will use your feedback from this questionnaire to further shape policy
2. We will consult with Cheshire East and other statutory bodies once all of the policies have been drafted.
3. We will write the final wording for Congleton Neighbourhood Plan using feedback from step 2
4. The Congleton Neighbourhood Plan will be submitted to Cheshire East Council who will be responsible for arranging an Independent Examination of the Plan and a Referendum where the local community will be able to vote whether to accept the Congleton Neighbourhood Plan.
5. If accepted by the public, and if the inspector agrees that all the stages of the Congleton Neighbourhood Plan development were followed properly, the plan will become a statutory planning document that developers and planners must comply with.
If rejected we have to start the process again. NOW IS THE BEST TIME FOR YOU TO INFLUENCE THE POLICIES THAT ARE BEING DEVELOPED FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR TOWN - DON'T LEAVE IT TO OTHERS TO DECIDE FOR YOU!
You will be asked whether you Strongly Agree, Agree, Disagree or Strongly Disagree or Don't know about proposed policies on six areas making up Congleton Neighbourhood Plan. At the end of each section there is a comments box where you can raise any issues around these subjects.
PLEASE COMPLETE BY MONDAY 25th JANUARY 2016