GMaP Region 2
The "Footsteps to Funding" targeted training workshop is an interactive virtual program designed to provide guidance on preparing and/or advancing a career development funding mechanism for promising doctoral trainees, postdoctoral fellows, and early stage investigators working toward becoming independent researchers in the field of cancer and/or cancer health disparities research. The workshop focuses on career development grant funding mechanisms (e.g., F31, F99/K00, K01, K08, K22, F99/R00, R03, R21).
Workshop participants can expect to leave with a clear direction and timeline for submission of their intended funding mechanism.
- Doctoral Trainee, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Early Stage Investigator at an institution within GMaP Region 2 (AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MO, MS, PR).
- Interest in applying or resubmitting an application (as PI where applicable) for funding from NIH/NCI (e.g. F31, F99/K00, K01, K08, K22, K99/R00, R03, R21).
- Conducting research that addresses a relevant cancer or cancer health disparities research problem.
- Applicant cannot be a PI on existing select federal grants such as R01, U54, or independent grant mechanisms.
- Open to US citizens and permanent residents.
Application Deadline and Notification:
- Completed applications must be received, no later than Friday, October 15, 2021 by 11:59pm EST.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the GMaP Region 2 Leadership Team.
- Applicants should expect the entire review process to take 2 - 3 weeks depending on the volume of applications received.