Accelerate HER PEI Mentor Application Form
PEIBWA is excited to announce more opportunities for women in early growth businesses in PEI. Based on the success of the Accelerate HER PEI Pilot Program this past winter and another program that wrapped up in July, we are pleased to be rolling out another Accelerate HER PEI Program starting late September 2021!
Accelerate HER PEI is a 12-week program led by PEIBWA and the Atlantic Canadian Women in Growth Partnership. This program will be delivered from PEIBWA’s Rural Women’s Business Centre both virtually and in person and will serve high-potential women business owners, no matter their location in PEI.
Clients will benefit from free access to business support services customized to meet their individual needs. This includes weekly group meetings, one-on-one mentorship, peer support, market research and guidance, and a pool of expertise with a variety of businesses and industry leaders.
The 12-week program involves accelerator programming and 1-1 mentorship support for women entrepreneurs. This program is targeted for businesses in the early growth stage of development, and businesses who may find themselves taking a new direction.
Participants will take part in weekly group meetings and interact with experts for training and feedback, business-building assignments, networking opportunities, and referrals. Participants will also be matched with a mentor in their field for individual support throughout. Programming will be delivered both online and in-person at the Rural Women’s Business Centre in Central Bedeque, PEI.
Are you . . .
- An experienced businessperson who is willing to share your successes and failures?
- familiar with mentorship?
- Have you ever participated as a mentee?
- Have you ever participated as a mentor?
- Able to build a trusting relationship, follow through with your promises, and keep confidences?
- Able to resist trying to ‘fix’ a situation, using active listening and constructive feedback instead?
- Able to offer advice and encourage independent decision making?
- Able to help your mentee network and expand her range of contacts and new experiences?
- Able to meet with your mentee for at least one hour twice a month? (in-person or online)
- Willing to commit to a 12-week pilot program?
- Willing to participate in an orientation session?
- Committed, passionate, and excited about working with a mentee and joining our Accelerator/Mentorship Program?
The call for mentors for the Accelerate HER PEI Program is open to all candidates that match the above criteria. You DO NOT have to be a woman business-owner, resident of PEI, or a current member of PEIBWA.
Accelerate HER PEI Start: September 28, 2021 /Project End: December 22, 2021
The Accelerate HER PEI program will run for 12 consecutive weeks, beginning with an orientation session on September 28th (TBC) for mentors and mentees. Please review the time commitment schedule to ensure that you have the time to commit to participate as a mentor in this program.
- (1 hr) Assessment Meeting
- (2 hr) orientation Mentorship Training Session
- (1 hr) Bi-weekly one-on-one mentorship meetings with your mentee (virtual or in-person)
- (1 hr) Mentor panel session
- (2 hr) Follow-up and evaluation
The dedicated time commitment per mentor for all sessions and one-on-one activities/meetings will be approximately 12 hours for this 12-week program.