Lessons for Librarians in Open Science Principles and Methods 2024
This call seeks to support continued skills development for librarians in open science to effectively provide instruction to new researchers and effectively collaborate with faculty and researchers in science projects using open science practices.
For the first year of this project, the UCLA Library Data Science Center announced a call for proposals in October 2022 and selected the top six lesson proposals in April 2023. The six proposals are:
- Research Community Outreach with Open Science Team Agreements
- Open Science Hardware: an Introduction for Librarians
- A Path to Open, Inclusive, and Collaborative Science for Librarians
- Data Management (and Sharing) Plans for Librarians 101
- Open Qualitative Research
- Reproducible Research Workflows
We aim to fund projects with high potential for subsequent impact on the open science community. Now we announce the call for proposals for the project's second year. We invite contributions that explore areas distinct from the six topics previously selected, yet still fall under the umbrella of open science.