The FAFP Family Physician of the Year is selected each year from among FAFP physician members in good standing who are directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities that enhance the quality of life of the community. The award is provided in recognition of outstanding performance as a Family Physician in dedication to the profession and service to the patient. Nominees for Family Physician of the Year should:
- Embody the finest characteristics of family medicine;
- Provides his/her patients with compassionate, comprehensive, and caring family medicine on a continuing basis;
- Enhances the quality of his/her community by being directly and effectively involved in community affairs and activities;
- Acts as a credible role model professionally and personally to his/her community, to other health professionals, and residents and medical students;
- Stands out among his/her colleagues;
- Can effectively represent the specialty of Family Medicine and the FAFP in public speaking;
- Have at least five years of practice experience; and
- Be a member in good standing within the community and of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and the Florida Academy of Family Physicians (FAFP).
The nomination packet must contain the following:
- A completed nomination form via this application
- Current curriculum vitae (limited to 5 pages).
- A minimum of 250 and a maximum of 500 word letter of support.
The application and supporting documents (as noted above) must be sent together in this application and received at FAFP no later than August 1, 2022. Questions, please contact Jennifer Young at email@example.com or (904) 726-0944.