Setting Hereditary Cancer Research Fund Priorities
Succeeding in the fight against hereditary breast and ovarian cancer (HBOC) requires research. Research will give us better options for future cancer prevention, detection, risk management, and treatment. Studies specific to HBOC are needed because these cancers are different in many key ways:
- Hereditary cancers tend to occur at a younger age, and are often more aggressive,
- Risk management options are different for HBOC,
- Hereditary cancers may respond differently to treatment,
- The high risk population may be affected by environmental influences differently,
- Women with hereditary cancers are more prone to second and even third cancer,
- Hereditary cancer risk is shared with relatives and the risk can also be passed on to children.
To assure that resources and funding are allocated for hereditary cancer for hereditary cancer, FORCE has created the Hereditary Cancer Research Fund.
Please participate in this survey to help us set our research priorities. This survey will only take 5 minutes of your time. Click the button below marked "Next" to take the survey.
Please click here
if you would like to help us fund research by donating to the Hereditary Cancer Research Fund.