2013 Staffing Industry Sales & Service Compensation Survey
1. Survey Introduction
SalesGlobe and Staffing Industry Analysts are conducting the annual exclusive benchmark of pay practices for the staffing industry.
The 2013 Staffing Industry Sales & Service Compensation Survey covers major sales and recruiting roles, pay practices, and performance data for the industry’s leading companies. Topics include:
• Key job roles for new customer acquisition, account management, and recruiting
• Hybrid sales, operations, and branch management roles
• Target and actual compensation levels
• Pay ranges
• Incentive levels and pay mix
• Upside earning potential for high performers
• Performance metrics and priorities
• Commission and quota mechanics practices
• Plan administration and challenges
PARTICIPANTS AND REPORT:
As a thank you for your participation, we will provide you with a complimentary copy of the Participants’ Survey Report in June 2013 (estimate). This detailed report will include statistics on roles, pay levels, and performance levels by job type. All statistics are reported at a multiple company level and preserve the confidentiality of participating companies. The report also includes information on key challenges and trends around performance, compensation, and year over year analysis.
The data you will need to complete this survey includes:
• Basic information on company size and focus areas.
• Information on the roles of each major sales, management, and recruiting jobs.
NOTE: Participants will only provide data for the jobs relevant to their company. Please see section below for the list of jobs covered.
• Most recent year's compensation data for each role, which should include target and actual base salaries and incentives (highs, lows, midpoints, and averages for each role).
• Information on the types of performance measures used in each compensation plan.
• Information on the types of mechanics used in each compensation plan.
• Information on approximate quota size for each job.
• Descriptions of company rewards and recognition programs.
• Description of how you administer the compensation plan.
An Excel Spreadsheet can be provided to help organize/track your data for each role prior to entering into the survey tool. Due to limitations in software, the survey data must be entered in order. To request the spreadsheet, please contact Carrie Ward at 615-969-4892 or email@example.com. Prior participants may also request their past data submission.
JOBS COVERED IN REPORT:
• Account Executive I: Current and New Customer, junior
• Account Executive II: Current and New Customer, senior or general
• Account Manager I: Current Customer only, junior
• Account Manager II: Current Customer only, senior or general
• Sales Rep I: New Customer, junior
• Sales Rep II: New Customer, senior or general
• Major/National Account Manager
• Major/National Account New Business Developer
• Selling Branch Manager
• Branch Manager Non-Selling
• Sales Manager: First Line -- People Management Only
• Selling Sales Manager: First Line -- Individual Quota AND People Management
• Sales Director -- Regional: Second Line -- Direct Manager Reports
• Sales Vice President: Business Unit
• Vendor On-Premise Program Manager
• Vendor On-Premise Representative
• Selling Recruiter I
• Selling Recruiter II
• Non-Selling Recruiter I
• Non-Selling Recruiter II
If you have your sales job and compensation data available, this survey should take about 60 to 90 minutes to complete. You may also save your work on the survey by selecting "save and continue," and then finish the survey at a later time on the same computer.
If you have questions regarding the report, content or survey questions, please contact Carrie Ward at 615-969-4892 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Donnolo at 770-335-9225 or email@example.com.