Information collected by this study will be used to assess river-dependent recreation on the Crystal River. We have developed this survey so individuals and outfitters can report how changes in stream flows affect recreation quality on each of our targeted river segments. Your input will help American Whitewater identify the full range of flows necessary to support recreation experiences, from technical low water to challenging high water opportunities. The information you provide will identify existing use and how it can be protected as well as enhance economies that rely on environmental and recreational water uses.
The river segments targeted by this study include:
1) Crystal River - Crystal Mill Falls to Crystal Gorge
2) Crystal River - Crystal Road to Beaver Lake (Crystal Gorge)
3) Crystal River - Marble to Redstone (Bogan Flats & Placita Narrows)
4) Crystal River - Redstone to Penny Hot Springs (Meatgrinder)
5) Crystal River - Penny Hot Springs to Avalanche Creek (The Narrows)
6) Crystal River - Avalanche Creek to B.R.B Campground
7) Crystal River - B.R.B. Campground to Roaring Fork River
You will only be asked to respond to survey questions for the segments you have personally experienced.
Please encourage your fellow paddlers to participate in this study.