1. Grant Information and Eligibility

The City of Lynn  through Mayor Jared Nicholson's Office, the Lynn City Council and in partnership with Economic Development & Industrial Corporation (EDIC) has developed an emergency relief package for small businesses as a result of COVID-19 public safety measures.

This program is funded through the American Rescue Plan Act.  Certain eligibility criteria must be met in order to be eligible for this funding source.


The applicant must be a Lynn business impacted by the COVID-19 public health and safety measures.

The business must have no more than 25 employees including the owner AND owner must earn a household annual income of equal to or less than 80% of the area median income.


The business must have no more than 25 employees including the owner AND one job is either retained by a low-moderate income employee, or created (in this case re-created) and available to low-moderate income person.


The business must have no more than 25 employees including the owner AND at least one employee(s) are in jeopardy of losing their job due to COVID-19 AND the business commits to either, retaining the employee(s) because of this assistance or hires employee(s) back within a reasonable period of time. 


You are a new business trying to open but COVID has hindered your ability to.


The applicant is 50%+ majority owner of business.

Owner is 18 years or older

Owner/Applicant is not currently in bankruptcy.

Owner/Applicant will provide a business lease and a current month utility bill.
Owner/Applicant is current with property taxes and City fees, or has a payment plan in place with the City.
Business will need to prove active liability insurance.
Business and/or applicant must be current on terms of existing City/EDIC financial assistance products.
Business and/or applicant must not have a conflict of interest with the City of Lynn.
Business and/or applicant are registered as a business in the City of Lynn.
Ineligible businesses include social clubs, liquor and tobacco stores, pawn shops, firearm or other weapons dealers, adult entertainment, marijuana dispensaries, passive real estate investments, or home-based businesses operating without appropriate zoning and/or permits.
Owner has a valid Social Security number or EIN, a Business Bank Account and Unique Entity ID (UEI).  If you do not have an UEI number, you may obtain one by going to SAM.GOV.  For a tutorial on obtaining the UEI number, click on the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uv1YNAsINk

Page1 / 14
7% of survey complete.