The Carers Act has two main purposes:
- to recognise the role of carers in the community
- to provide a mechanism that allows carers to be involved in the provision of services that impact on carers and the role of carers.
Please consider the following discussion topics and provide your feedback below:
- What do you think about the purpose of the Carers Act?
- Do you think the Carers Act has increased awareness of the contribution carers make to our community?
- Do you think the Carers Act has ensured carers receive the recognition they deserve?
- Please list any examples of carer recognition or acknowledgement you are aware of.