With our large area, the many communities and three other District School Boards with whom we need to coordinate calendars, this is always a complex process and your suggestions will assist us by providing the data necessary for setting the calendar. Using the feedback from the consultation, we may combine options, ideas, and compromises to create a 2020-2021 school year calendar. The boards will work to a consensus once the consultation process has been completed.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE DRAFT CALENDARS
1. PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY DAYS
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Friday, September 25, 2020 or Monday, September 28, 2020
- Friday, October 23, 2020
- Friday, November 20, 2020 or Friday, November 27, 2020
- Friday, February 5, 2021 (P* - Assessment Elementary)
- Friday, April 30, 2021
- Friday, June 11, 2021 (P* - Assessment Elementary)
As part of the consultation process with the other three coterminous Boards, ADSB is looking for feedback on the scheduling of the Professional Activity Days and one Board Holiday:
- The two options for the second Professional Activity Day are Friday, September 25, 2020 or Monday, September 28, 2020.
- The two options for the fourth Professional Activity Day are Friday, November 20, 2020 or Friday, November 27, 2020
- The two options for a Board Holiday are:
1) Wednesday, June 30, 2021 which means that the last day for students and staff would be Tuesday, June 29, 2021
2) Friday, March 12, 2021 prior to the March break which means that the last day for students and staff would be Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
Note: There must be at least 194 school days in a school year calendar of which no more than seven can be professional activity days. Due to the yearly calendar, school will need to begin prior to the Labour Day holiday to meet this Ministry requirement.
2. MARCH BREAK
- March Break has been set by the Ministry for the week of March 15 to 19, 2021.
3. OTHER RELEVANT DAYS
- Students begin classes on Wednesday, September 2, 2020.
- The last day of classes for students is either Tuesday, June 29, 2021 or Wednesday, June 30, 2021 depending on the survey feedback about the Board Holiday.
4. CHRISTMAS BREAK
- Christmas Break from Monday, December 21, 2020 to Friday, January 1, 2021. The Last Day of Classes is Friday, December 18, 2020.