2023 Minimum Requirements for Advancement to Fellow of AACVPR
Meeting the minimal requirements for advancement to Fellowship status in AACVPR does not guarantee advancement to fellowship. The peer-reviewed phase of the application, along with the achievement of the minimum requirements, will ultimately determine if advancement to fellowship is warranted.
1. Be an AACVPR Member in good standing for at least three (3) consecutive years immediately preceding the application period. *Please note to be eligible for 2023 AACVPR Fellowship, you must have maintained membership in AACVPR since July 1, 2020.
2. Attended a minimum of two (2) AACVPR Annual Meetings as a (speaker, moderator, poster or abstract presenter, member of the AACVPR Planning Committee, etc.) participant.
3. Submit a curriculum vitae that includes evidence of distinguished service to the AACVPR and the field of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and/or influential, high-impact research relative to the field of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
4. Submit evidence of outstanding performance in cardiovascular and/or pulmonary rehabilitation over a period of at least three (3) years relative to service.
5. Receive a recommendation in writing from at least one (1) current Fellow or Master of AACVPR.
6. Demonstrate a high degree of professional development and a commitment to the goals & long-range activities of AACVPR.
The Awards Committee considers the following information when considering Fellow applicants:
1. The strength and enthusiasm of the candidate’s Fellow endorsers.
2. The significance, quality and role of service over time during which the candidate has been associated with AACVPR.
3. The influence and quality of service to the fields of cardiac and/or pulmonary rehabilitation and to AACVPR.
The final decision for advancement to AACVPR Fellowship is a recommendation from the AACVPR Awards Committee (based on the application).