2023-2024 SAA State Ambassador Program (Professionals)
About the Program
A SAA State Ambassador is a national SAA student volunteer who serves as a leader for the state in which they reside or attend university, in order to improve state and interstate communication between SAA chapters (if more than one exists) and the state's professional hearing organization. The state ambassador will work closely with a professional mentor (if one is available) within their state as well as the SAA chapter relations committee.
The primary responsibilities of a SAA State Ambassador Mentor are identifying opportunities for student involvement in the state, including, but not limited to:
- Advocacy and grassroots initiatives
- Representation on state audiology boards and organizations
- Communicate monthly with the mentee, via email or phone call, providing support and advice on becoming a local and state leader in the profession
- Assist with communication to the state organization or academy
- Provide a mentor update for the newsletters sent to the states (state update newsletters go out monthly).