Research Intake Form
As an applicant, you must:
· Submit a research protocol with background, the research question, the timeline, and the study protocol.
· Conduct research that increases understanding of human milk's unique properties and/or its appropriateness for specific medical conditions or populations.
·Conduct a survey/qualitative/epidemiological inquiry related to human milk and/or human milk banking.
· Agree to pay the processing fee charged by the milk bank supplying milk for my research.
· Agree to acknowledge any relevant milk banks in publications pertaining to this study.
· HMBANA does not support research that strives to create a substitute for human milk.
· HMBANA does not support research funded by an organization that produces a substitute for human milk.
· Approval by the HMBANA Research Committee does not guarantee the availability of donor milk. Researchers are encouraged to work with HMBANA member milk banks.
· Inquiries from the industry are rarely supported.