We at AABC recognize the importance of diversity in birth center providers and the need for birth centers that are inclusive and provide care with cultural humility. Our goal is for AABC conferences and the member community to include, encourage, and recognize people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, and sexual orientation.
This scholarship application is only for the ONLINE AABC How to Start a Birth Center course.
Deadline to apply November 1, 2023
- People who are interested in starting or working in a birth center.
- Identify as a Member of the Global Majority*, LGBTQIA+, or person with a disability
- Special consideration will be given to applicants taking an AABC course for the first time
Each scholarship will include:
- Registration fee for the HSBC Workshop (online)
- Additionally, we will provide support from AABC staff as needed
Expectations of scholarship recipients:
- Complete the course for which the scholarship has been awarded
- We do not expect scholarship recipients to be responsible for being an ambassador for their group or an educator to others. Recipients have no special duties or obligations apart from attendance, participation to their comfort, and giving us feedback on their experience.
* The Global Majority includes Asian American (or of Asian descent) or Pacific Islander, Black or of African descent (African American, Afro-Caribbean, etc.), Indigenous to Americas (Alaskan Native, American Indian, Native American), Latinx or Hispanic, Southwest Asian or Northern African, or a person who is of multiple races)