United Way of Greater Cleveland Request for Ideas
2024-2025 Grantmaking Cycle
United Way of Greater Cleveland is soliciting ideas from qualified organizations innovating in our Investment Strategies below. Organizations are encouraged to address compelling needs in our community within the Investment Strategies outlined below as they pertain to the following areas:
· Economic Mobility (Early Childhood Development & Income Pathways)
· Health Pathways
· Housing Stability
As part of its on-going streamlined investments, United Way will only accept one application/idea per organization, however proposals that demonstrate the capacity to address more than one investment strategy area are welcome. Organizations are encouraged to propose their most innovative, impactful idea that addresses at least one of the Investment Strategies below. Ideas may be a program that is already running, is just beginning, or the startup of a new program.
Please note new and existing United Way grantee partners must apply through this competitive grant process. In addition, UWGC will not fund 100% of a program’s operational costs.
The response to the RFI consists of your answers to a brief set of questions that describe an innovative approach to address the here-and-now needs within a selected Investment Strategy. While you may collaborate with other nonprofits, United Way of Greater Cleveland will fund individual agencies for Ideas.
2023 Grantmaking Process Timeline
· May 22: Issue Request for Ideas
· June 2: RFI Center for Excellence Technical Assistance Session (Recorded)
· June 5: RFI Center for Excellence Q&A Session
· June 16: RFI survey monkey due to UWGC by 5pm
· July 10: Notification of Request for Full Proposals
· September 6: Full Applications Due to UWGC in eC-Impact by 5pm
· October: Finalist Interviews
· November: Funding Decisions
· December: Funding Announcement