CTE Return to School Survey

As we plan for the beginning of school in September we understand that parents and caregivers are concerned about the safety of their children. We have taken every precaution to ensure the safety of both students and staff. The activities are outlined on our reopening plan which can be found on our website at www.ulsterboces.org/reopeningplan.

We will be delivering instruction at CTE using a hybrid approach (in-person and virtual). We have the capacity in each of our CTE classes to offer in-person programming one day each week to complete the hands-on requirements of the course while maintaining 8 feet of social distancing in every lab. Staff and students will wear masks and "mask breaks" will be scheduled. All of the recommended protocols of the NYS Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) will be followed. During the rest of the week, students will address the theory aspect of the program using virtual instruction led by their teacher.

Students will attend the CTE center for approximately 3 1/2 hours, one day each week. All CTE students from a district will attend on the same day. The tentative schedule is as follows:

Day 1: Kingston CSD
Day 2: Wallkill, New Paltz, and HVPA
Day 3: Saugerties, Highland, and Onteora
Day 4: Ellenville, and Rondout Valley

Approximately 250 students will be in attendance in our 26 CTE programs each day.

In spite of that, we recognize that some parents/caregivers may still be reluctant to have their child attend school in-person until such time as there is a vaccine. With that understanding, we have developed a virtual option where instruction will be delivered online, much as it had been during the period of mid-March through the end of June.

We would like to offer parents/caregivers the choice of which model of instruction they would like for their child. We need that information so that we can properly assign both our staff and other resources to the appropriate instructional delivery model.

You may ask, "If I make a selection today, will I be able to change at a later date?" The answer is yes with the understanding that the shift from one mode of delivery to another may take some time to go into effect.

All of this is with the understanding that we have to wait for Governor Cuomo to make a decision regarding the reopening of schools. We expect that decision to be announced shortly.

Please complete the following brief survey and submit it no later than the close of business on Thursday, August 13th. Thank you for your patience and understanding.



Charles V. Khoury, Ed.D.
District Superintendent

Question Title

* 1. Parent / Caregiver Name

Question Title

* 2. Student's Name

Question Title

* 3. Preferred Method of Instruction (select one)

Question Title

* 4. Please feel free to ask any question or make any suggestions

T