NOMINATIONS open Monday, 22nd April 2018
This is the Online Nomination Form to nominate yourself and/or others you feel deserve recognition for their leadership skills in rural, regional and remote (RRR) Queensland.
You can nominate as many people as you wish using this Online Form.
We suggest you nominate people you know and those whose work you admire, even if you have not met them personally.
We encourage you to also feel free to nominate yourself.
What happens after a nomination is received?
When QRRRWN receives an award nomination, we will contact the nominee and send them the Awards Application Guidelines and Selection Questions in full.
1. QRRRWN Woman of the Year - This major award celebrates the achievements of a woman who has made a significant, measurable contribution to a high priority issue in rural, regional and remote (RRR) Queensland. This woman is an inspirational role model and has demonstrated excellence in their field, sector or community.
2. QRRRWN Small Business Owner of the Year - This award recognises a woman who through her hard work has built and/or maintained a small business that promotes a RRR community and/or benefits RRR women. The nominee will provide a brief convincing argument and provide examples of why their business is worthy of the 2018 award.
3. QRRRWN Leadership Award - This award recognises a woman who has influenced significant change to improve service and improved outcomes regardless of gender for their RRR community or rural and associated industries. Those nominating will be women making a significant contribution to policy, programs or services that have promoted, supported or improved services for in a high priority area.
5. QRRRWN Volunteer of the Year - This award celebrates an exceptional volunteer in a non-paid position who continually supports or promotes the needs of people in RRR communities.
6. QRRRWN RRR Story Teller of the Year - This award celebrates a person who has, through their story telling (through writing, song, dance, journalism or another art form), ‘tells a story’ promoting RRR women.
7. QRRRWN Inspirational Woman - This special award celebrates an inspirational woman (65+) who has paved the way for future generations.
8. QRRRWN Young Woman with a Vision - This award celebrates the achievements of a young woman between 16- 25 years old, who has already made a significant contribution to her community and has a vision for the future; who are inspiring leaders and have a clear plan on how they will achieve their goal.
The nominee will have high values that are consistent with QRRRWN.
PLEASE NOMINATE as soon as possible - AWARD ENTRIES CLOSE 5pm on Sunday, 8th July 2018 with all Nominees announced Friday, 13th July 2018.
FINALIST will be announced at the QRRRWN Ekka Week High Tea in Brisbane on Friday, 10th August 2018.
AWARD WINNERS will be announced on 14th September 2018 at the Gala Dinner at the QRRRWN Annual Conference in Kingaroy, held from the 13th-15th September 2018.
PLEASE NOW COMPLETE this QRRRWN 2018 Strong Women Leadership Awards NOMINATION FORM