NOMINATIONS open Wednesday, 20th March 2019
This is the Online Nomination Form to nominate yourself and/or others who you feel deserve recognition for their leadership skills in rural, regional and remote (RRR) Queensland.
PLEASE NOTE - completing this nomination form is only the first step in involvement of the QRRRWN Strong Women Leadership Awards Program. ALL NOMINEES will be required to submit an additional application form following receipt of their nomination.
You can nominate as many people as you wish using this Online Form.
We suggest you nominate people you know and those whose work you admire, even if you have not met them personally.
We encourage you to also feel free to nominate yourself.
What happens after a nomination is received?
When QRRRWN receives an award nomination, we will contact the nominee and send them the Awards Application Guidelines and Selection Questions in full. The nominee needs to submit this completed application to officially be in the running for a 2019 Strong Women Leadership Award. This will be sent via email.
1. QRRRWN Woman of the Year 2019 - This major award celebrates the skill and overall achievements of a woman who has made a significant contribution to a high priority issue in Queensland. This woman is an exceptional communicator, is resilient, and she inspires others to achieve their goals. She shows she is consistently striving to improve, grow and nurture RRR communities and the people in them.
2. QRRRWN Small Business Owner of the Year 2019 - This award recognises a woman, who through her hard work, has built or maintained a small business that promotes a RRR community and/or benefits RRR women. The nominee will provide a brief convincing argument and provide examples of why their business is worthy of the 2019 award.
3. QRRRWN Influential Leader Award 2019 - This award recognises a woman who has knowingly influenced significant change to: (1) Improve service(s) to RRR women and (2) Improved outcomes for women and their communities or the rural industry. This woman is leading significant contribution to policy, programs or services that have promoted, supported or improved services for RRR women in a high priority area.
4. QRRRWN Volunteer of the Year 2019 - This award celebrates an exceptional volunteer in a non-paid position who continually supports or promotes the needs of people in RRR communities.
5. QRRRWN Story Teller of the Year 2019 - This award celebrates a woman who has, through their story telling promoted RRR areas. Nominees may include women whose share their stories through writing, song, dance, journalism, photography, digital media or any other art form which ‘tells a story’ promoting RRR community.
6. QRRRWN Inspirational Woman 2019 - This special award celebrates an inspirational woman who has paved the way for future generations. Nominees will be 65 years and over, and they will have made a significant contribution to RRR communities.
7. QRRRWN Young Woman with a Vision 2019 - This award celebrates the achievements of a young woman between 16- 25 years old, who has already made a significant contribution to her community and has a vision for the future. She demonstates leadership qualities and has a clear plan on how she will achieve her goal. The nominee will have high values that are consistent with QRRRWN.
AWARD ENTRIES CLOSE 5pm on Monday, 8th July 2019
ALL NOMINEES ANNOUNCED on Friday, 12th July 2019.
FINALIST will be announced at the QRRRWN Ekka Week High Tea in Brisbane on Friday, 9th August 2019.
AWARD WINNERS will be announced on 13th September 2019 at the Gala Dinner at the QRRRWN Annual Conferenc