* Experience with the addiction recovery process.
* Familiarity with local support services, resources and recovery community.
* Capability of building an effective coach-recoveree relationship.
* Demonstrated skill in actively listening, asking good questions, awareness of self and treating people as resources.
* Understanding of and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries.
* Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations.
* Bilingual abilities are a plus.
* Strong customer service ethic essential.
* Certificate of completion of the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy©. (VOH to provide training)
* Certificate of completion of the SMART Family and Friends training. (VOH to provide training).
* Certificate as a Kentucky Certified Peer Support Specialist (VOH to provide training); being currently certified is a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills, both individually and in a group
* Ability to be a hands-on, solution oriented team player
* Willingness to become a Certified Peer Support Specialist
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Suite (including Word and Excel)
* Reliable transportation
* Valid Driver’s license and insurance
* Evening and weekend availability required
Evening and Saturday hours required