Pic Forest 2022 IFA
Invitation to Participate
NorthWinds Environmental Services is undertaking an independent forest audit of the Pic Forest for the period April 1, 2014 – March 31, 2022.
Independent forest audits are a regulatory requirement stipulated under the Crown Forest Sustainability Act, 1994. During these audits, a group of independent auditors will audit forest management planning and operations, adherence to the legislation and policies, public, First Nation, and Metis consultation and other activities as prescribed by the Crown Forest Sustainability Act and related legislation and policies.
Specifically, the purpose of the audit is to assess:
• compliance with the Crown Forest Sustainability Act,
• compliance with the Forest Management Planning Process,
• a comparison of planned versus actual forest management activities,
• the effectiveness of forest management activities in achieving audit criteria and management objectives,
• the effectiveness of previous audit action plans, and
• a licensee’s compliance with the terms and conditions of the Sustainable Forest Licence.
As part of our evaluation, I would very much appreciate your input in the audit regarding forest management of the Pic Forest during the audit period. Please do not hesitate to call me (807-252-9545) or email me (email@example.com).
I have also attached a survey. If you have any comments, I would very much appreciate if you could fill it in and return it to me by September 8th, 2022. Please pass it on to anyone potentially interested in participating in the audit.
Lead Auditor/Principal at NorthWinds Environmental Services
Please note that personal information is collected under the authority of Regulation 319/20 (Independent Forest Audits). It will be used solely for the purposes of developing an understanding of forest management concerns and issues for the delivery of the Independent Forest Audit. For more information, please contact: Jennifer Lamontagne, District Business Coordinator Wawa District