Thank you for your application to the Gadsden Center for Health Education School of Practical Nursing at Gadsden Technical Institute. If you have any questions after completing the admissions application process, please contact Mrs. Doris Drake, RN, Nursing Coordinator at: 850-875-8324 ext. 5111, or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Practical Nursing Requirements:
The Practical Nursing Program functions under the Career, Technical and Adult Education Program of the Gadsden County School Board. It is approved by state agencies, namely, the state Department of Education and the Florida Board of Nursing. As this program is approved by both agencies, graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN). Upon passing the NCLEX-PN, the Florida Board of Nursing will issue a license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida and multiple other states. Faculty members are registered nurses licensed by the state of Florida Board of Nursing. Faculty members consider students to be dedicated learners who will assume responsibility for their own learning and progress throughout the program. Clinical practice is obtained in surrounding hospitals, long term care centers, physician offices and other area healthcare facilities.
1. Must have completed at least four years of high school or the equivalency thereof (GED), or a high school senior who will turn 18 years old before completing the Practical Nursing Program. All high school seniors must have met all high school graduation requirements before entering into the nursing program. (All applicants under 18 must have parent/legal guardian consent to enroll.)
2. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
3. Must provide a copy of an official form of identification. (Example: Driver’s License, State ID)
4. Must submit an official sealed/unopened transcript from last school attended.
5. Must submit applications to both the School of Practical Nursing and Gadsden Technical Institute (GTI application only required after acceptance into the nursing program. No action required at this time). Applications are available on the schools website at www.gadsdentech.org
6. Must take the T.A.B.E. as part of the admission process (if you do not have an AA Degree or higher).
7. Must take the nursing entrance exam (ATI-TEAS) prior to admission.
8. Must submit three current reference letters.
9. Must have up to date physical and immunizations.
10. Must undergo Level II Background Screening. (This screening process will be directed by the Program’s staff at a later date.)
11. Must undergo random Drug Screening. (This screening process will be directed by the Program’s staff at a later date. No action is required by the applicant at this time.)
12. Must attend mandatory new student orientation. (Orientation will be directed by the Program’s staff at a later date. No action is required by the applicant at this time.)