Application for Credit: Learning from Teaching Activity
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is now available to physicians to recognize "faculty learning" associated with the preparation for, and teaching of, medical students and residents/fellows at Natividad.
You can earn credit for the learning associated with the preparation and teaching of an original presentation for medical students, residents, and/or fellows at Natividad.
- Learning must be paired with teaching.* You must engage in some new learning that is applied to the teaching activity. Credit will be awarded based on a 2 to 1 ratio to teaching time. Credits will be rounded to the nearest 15 minutes (.25 credits).
- Learning from teaching credit may be earned by preparing for: lectures, developing case studies, supervising clinical or simulated activities, teaching clinical skills, mentoring QI/PI projects.
- Credit may be claimed only once for teaching the same content, even if being presented to a different audience.
- Educational material that is used in the learning process should be independent of any pharmaceutical or device company.
- One application form should be completed for each learning activity and submitted to the CME Program.
- In order to receive credit, you must submit an application form within 6 months of the teaching.
Natividad Medical Center is accredited by the California Medical Association (CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Natividad Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per 1 hour of teaching medical students and/or residents/fellows. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
*A key concept for learning from teaching is that you are being provided credit for your preparation that is then employed in the teaching setting. It is not actually credit for teaching.