2020 NFG National Convening
Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals
Neighborhood Funders Group (NFG)'s mission is to organize philanthropy to support grassroots power building so that communities of color and low-income communities thrive. For nearly 40 years, NFG has been a gathering place for funders that support racial, economic, gender, and climate justice movements across the US. We create inspiring organizing spaces for funders to explore shifting power and money in philanthropy towards justice and equity.
NFG’s 2020 National Convening, Homecoming: 40 Years Strong, will celebrate four decades of mobilizing philanthropy and look toward the future and what is possible in the current era of organized philanthropy. The convening will take place in NFG's city of birth, Washington, D.C., on June 29 – July 1, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill.
Join us to honor our work together over the years alongside hundreds of funders from around the country–including those who are expanding the horizons of how philanthropy can affect change, as well as those who are curious to learn how they can accelerate towards justice in their work. We’ll explore national trends and opportunities as well as go deep into how to resource and shift power in communities, grounding our learning in the unique challenges and exciting work happening in Washington, D.C. and the surrounding area
Vision & Values for the Conference:
- A fun, warm, honest, authentic, creative, collaborative, inspiring space.
- A space for grappling with the big, complex issues of the moment especially in advance of 2020 elections.
- Feature the stories of the city of Washington, D.C. and its local neighborhoods (includes learning tours/site visits).
- Planned in a manner that invites ideas, participation, and leadership from hundreds of NFG members and local foundation leaders, as well as local community leaders.
- A celebration of NFG’s 40th Anniversary.