WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION: The proposed topics by the panel of presenters includes the following general description or typical examples of:
1. Description of the firm you work or worked for, including the types of engineering services/products provided, typical clients, and notable projects that the company participated in.
2. Description/examples of what a first year intern engineer is expected to do or accomplish at your firm or client firm in the first year of work. Type of activities, meetings, site visits, reporting, etc.
3. Description/examples of the type of ethical conduct, type of leadership and type of professionalism that a first year intern engineer is expected to have and expected to gain in the first year of work at your firm.
4. Description/examples of the type of communication skills, reporting, contract risk, type of interaction with client, contractors and other outside vendors that a first and/or second year intern engineer is expected to have and expected to gain in the first and second year of work at your firm.
5. Description/examples of the type of management skills, business development, risk management, marketing and business/finance skills that a seasoned engineer is expected to have and expected to gain at your firm.
6. Description and examples of the benefits of being a licensed professional engineer. Why is a PE title important, what is expected of a PE, what are the 6 canons of ethics of a PE, what is the new standard of care for PEs, how does a PE participates and contributes to his community and society, etc.
7. Q & A Session (Pizza and refreshments).