Summary: Individuals shall advise USA Archery staff members, making recommendations regarding the Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) program and event administration to USA Archery staff. Individuals will also serve as one of four Regional Representatives for the program.
As a JOAD Advisory Council Representative, you will be asked to:
- Advise USA Archery staff on Youth Club and Event related issues
- Act as a resource to, and communicate with, Clubs, State Associations and State Coordinators within your region
- Assist in the promotion of JOAD activities within your region
- Review USA Archery JOAD Award nominations after recommendations are received by USA Archery staff
- Attend JOAD Advisory Council meetings
Terms are two years and are staggered to provide for program continuity. Representatives agree to and comply with the USA Archery Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics, which can be found here. This is an unpaid volunteer position. In addition to meetings, service is anticipated to average 5 to 10 hours per year.
USA Archery staff will approve the representatives of the JOAD Advisory Council and its chair. Current USA Archery Youth and Both Club types will submit votes for council representatives in their respective regions.