DLC Annual Priorities Survey
Help us set our priorities for 2023
Disability Law Colorado would like your input about where to focus our advocacy and legal work for 2023. The Board, PAIMI Advisory Council, and staff will review this feedback to consider how we can have the most impact with our limited resources. If you have any questions about this survey or need it in other formats, please contact us: email@example.com or toll free 1-800-288-1376.
For 2023, we are considering focusing our work across disability communities to address:
1. Freedom from abuse and neglect, especially when it results in serious injury
2. Monitoring settings where people with disabilities live and receive services, especially prisons, jails, youth detention and commitment facilities, and residential treatment facilities.
3. Investigations of representative payees-- people who receive social security payments on behalf of people with disabilities
4. Conditions & rights in facilities (e.g., jails, prisons, youth detention and commitment centers, residential treatment facilities, regional centers, group homes, and host homes)
5. Preventing Institutionalization (including that from involvement in the criminal legal system) & increasing access to community-based services
6. Navigating the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and Centers for Independent Living
7. Disability employment discrimination
11. School-to-prison pipeline for students with disabilities