Dear Nonprofit Board Leader:
Thank you for participating in this survey!
We are interested in learning from you about the ways leaders in your nonprofit board perceive and prepare for their role and the ways they may share leadership. There is little research or evidence about the ways board chairs, vice chairs, chair-elects, committee chairs, or other individuals who take-on leadership positions within the board are readied for their roles, how they define their roles and how they may share their responsibilities.
This international survey is intended for board officers and committee chairs only, and will provide important insights about these topics from people who are currently serving in nonprofit board leadership positions. you!
Here's some specific topics we hope this survey will inform:
- What are the ways that boards use vice chairs, chair-elects, committee chairs, and co-chairs to provide leadership?
- What are the roles that vice chairs or chair-elects in particular take-on both within and outside the board, and how meaningful is this work?
- What is the expectation that vice chairs/chair-elects and committee chairs play in the succession to the board chair?
- How are board officers and committee chairs selected and prepared for their roles?
- If and how do those in leadership positions share their roles?
- Are board chairs expected to take on too extensive a role?
- To what extent does diversity and inclusion influence the selection and succession planning of chairs and other leaders?
The survey can be completed in about 15-20 minutes. Your thoughtful answers are greatly appreciated.
Respondents who complete the full survey will have access to a new tool for selecting board leaders, based on our previous research!
The study is being conducted by the Governance Affinity Group of the Alliance for Nonprofit Management. With your assistance and the help of other nonprofit leaders like you, our goal is to develop insights that can be supportive of those who serve in nonprofit board leadership positions.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. Governance Affinity Group, Alliance for Nonprofit Management