2020 LIWOCA Scholarship Information and Application
The Leadership Institute for Women of Color Attorneys, Inc.'s ("LIWOCA") mission is to:
- Help women of color attorneys in law firms and legal departments develop the critical skills necessary to become partners and leaders in the legal profession;
- Assist law firms and legal departments to retain and promote women of color attorneys; and
- Continue to fuel the pipeline by offering scholarships to women of color attorneys.
Up to ten (10) scholarships ranging from $2,500 - $5,000 will be awarded at the discretion of LIWOCA.
Women of color law students who:
- have completed at least one year of law school;
- are attending an accredited law school in the U.S. at the time of their application;
- are in good standing in their law schools;
- are citizens of the United States of America;
- have a minimum GPA of 2.8 (equivalent) or better;
- have completed the scholarship application and submitted an official transcript; and
- have demonstrated a commitment to the legal profession and are active in their community and law school.
All applicants must submit an official transcript from their law school.
Official transcripts should be uploaded directly from the law school via this link.
If for any reason, your law school is not able to submit your official transcript using the link above, please contact Tori Silas at the email address below.
Please carefully read this application.
Make sure the information you provide is complete and accurate.
Applications may be submitted until February 14, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Award decisions will be made by February 28, 2020.
All scholarship award recipients must attend the 15th Annual Leadership Institute for Women of Color conference to be held March 18-20, 2020 at The Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta, GA.
Conference registration fees and travel expenses will be covered for all scholarship award recipients.
Tori M. Silas Esq. - Scholarship Chair - Tori.M.Silas@gmail.com