Civic Innovation Scholars Application (Y22-23)
Welcome to the Civic Innovation Scholars application
Partners for Campus – Community Engagement (PCCE) is pleased to announce the release of the Civic Innovation Scholars application for the 2022 fall semester - the 2023 spring semester. Applications are due September 10, 2022 at 12:00 noon. PCCE will award Civic Innovation Scholarships, at $1,000 each, to all selected applicants.
PCCE is specifically looking for projects that focus on equity in these categories: race, voting, and climate.
The purpose of Civic Innovation Scholarships is to encourage and support the civic innovations of the next generation of undergraduate leaders. This scholarship program is open to students who have innovative ideas for addressing local civic problems, either on campus or in the local community. Our goal is to create a diverse cohort of creative student civic leaders from across New York and Pennsylvania who are inspired to strengthen our democracy through civic and community engagement.
The applicant must be:
1) Pell grant eligible or Federal Work Study qualified.
2) A current undergraduate student at a PCCE member institution.
(To find out if your campus is a member of PCCE, visit our website).
3) Identify an on-campus faculty or staff mentor with whom the applicant commits to meeting at least four times over the course of September 2022 - April 2023.
1) Complete all parts of the Civic Innovation Scholars application by September 10, 2022 at 12:00 noon.
2) Attend one of the virtual Zoom gatherings in September 2022
(9/21 @ 11AM or 9/27 @ 3PM).
3) Meet with your on-campus faculty or staff mentor four times over the course of September 2022 - April 2023.
4) Attend one of the virtual Zoom check-in sessions in November 2022 and one in February 2023 (11/21 @ 11AM or 11/29 @ 3 PM // 2/21 @ 11AM or 2/15 @ 3PM).
5) Attend one of the virtual Zoom wrap-up sessions in April 2023.
(4/21 @ 11AM or 4/27 @ 3PM).
6) Complete and submit project deliverables to PCCE by April 30, 2023.
a) A brief written description of the project and what was accomplished.
b) A video of the project including lessons learned, next steps, accomplishments of the project etc. PCCE will use the deliverables to promote the success of the project.
*Scholars will be paid the $1,000 scholarship in May 2023, upon completion of their project and submission of the deliverables to PCCE.
Next Steps and Project Timeline
September 10, 2022 at 12:00 noon - Applications Due
September 15, 2022 - Announcement of the Civic Innovation Scholars
September 2022 - Sc