WHO CAN APPLY
We invite teachers, parent organizations and administrators of American K-12 public schools and school districts who manage French dual language and immersion programs to apply for a grant in the amount of $4,000 to support bringing a FTI to your school.
Please note that the French Dual Language Fund awards only one French Teaching Intern Grant per school, per academic year.
Eligible applicants must:
· Be teachers, part of the PTO, PTA or administrators at a U.S. public school, OR district administrators OR state-level administrators affiliated with a French dual language or immersion program.
· Work for a school, district or state Department of Education which has a French dual language or immersion program that has been in operation for 2 or more years, and that will serve 30 or more students in the 2023-2024 academic year.
· Demonstrate that French is used in at least 30% of instruction within the French dual language or immersion program.
· Commit to finding a suitable host family to accommodate the intern during his/her stay at your school.
· Commit to completing a detailed report of the grant awarded in 2023-2024 at the end of the school year in order to be considered for the next cycles. If applicable, all applicants must have completed a detailed report of the grant awarded if they received one over the past years.
· Provide a completed W-9 form with their application. If the application is selected, the grant will be disbursed to the entity whose name appears in box 1 of the W-9 form. See Grants Disbursement section for more details.
The selection will be need-based, focused on the ability of the school to accommodate the French Teaching Intern in a positive environment. Please complete all sections of the following application to be considered.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
You will be required to fill out all questions before moving on to the next page. The following is the information that you will be required to provide:
-Contact information of project leader and/or school principal
-Demographics of students impacted
-Project Narrative (describing the tasks planned for the intern, mentorship provided, and the school's need for the grant)
-Budget Breakdown (how you plan on allocating the funds, and what other means of funding you plan on using)
-Bank details or address of the entity receiving the funds
You will have to attach:
-A valid W-9. Please note that if your application is selected, the grant will be disbursed to the entity whose name appears in box 1 of the W-9 form.