Toronto Police Services Board 2023-2027 Strategic Plan - Feedback from Community Members
The Toronto Police Services Board (the Board) is developing its new four-year Strategic Plan, in accordance with the Community Safety and Policing Act 2019 (CSPA), once it comes into effect. The Strategic Plan must address:
- How the police service board will ensure the provision of adequate and effective policing;
- Objectives, priorities and core functions of the police service;
- Performance objectives and indicators of outcomes relating to a number of prescribed matters;
- Interactions with youth, members of racialized groups, members of First Nation, Inuit, and Metis communities, and persons who appear to have mental health conditions;
- Information technology;
- Resource planning;
- Police facilities;
- Other prescribed matters.
The Service's Strategy Management team is assisting the Board in identifying priorities and goals for the 2023-2027 Strategic Plan by gathering input from all internal and external stakeholders, as stipulated in the CSPA.
Community members and community agencies play a key role in this process so, in addition to meeting many members in person, we also invite you to provide your candid feedback on up to three issues you would like the TPSB/TPS to prioritize during the next four years.
You will not be asked to identify yourself and your individual responses are confidential. Settings have been adjusted so that there is no way to identify the computer from which the survey was submitted.
This survey must be completed in one session – once you exit the survey, you cannot return to complete it at a later time, but will have to start over. However, while you are answering the survey, you can return to previously answered questions to review your responses, as long as you do not exit the survey.
The survey will close at 11:00 pm on July 31, 2023.
Thank you for your participation.