Intern and/or Graduate Development Officer
Spark Renewables is seeking one or more enthusiastic final-year science students to undertake an internship (up to 12 weeks) or join the team as a graduate Development Officer.
- 12 weeks between March 2023 and June 2023.
- Interns: $1,000 per week plus superannuation.
- Graduates: $1,400 per week plus superannuation.
- Hands-on learning with an experienced team of renewable energy professionals with expertise in planning, environmental management, engineering, legal and finance.
- An opportunity to visit both operational and proposed greenfield renewable energy sites.
- Potential for a graduate placement once studies are complete.
- Work next to one of Sydney’s best beaches!
- Graduate or final year of Science degree, specialising in environmental science, geography, planning or another environmental discipline.
- WAM > 70%.
- Fluent English and strong written and communication skills.
- Competent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and GIS / mapping software experience preferred, or at least an ability to pick up new software quickly.
- Highly motivated worker with an ability to work to your own initiative.
- Passion for the environment and striving towards a more sustainable, carbon free economy.
- Assist in the preparation, review and submission of environmental assessments and planning documents.
- Use GIS software (Manifold 9) for preparing maps and performing geospatial analysis.
- Undertake site identification and selection research for renewable energy projects.
- Participate in stakeholder engagement meetings and events with community members, planning authorities and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals for competitive power purchase processes and tenders.
- Review current and proposed renewable energy policy and regulatory frameworks and assist in the preparation of written submissions.
- Participate in industry forums, events and directorate meetings.
About Spark Renewables
Spark Renewables is one of Australia’s leading developers and long-term owners of renewable energy generation assets. We own the operational Bomen Solar Farm (100 MW) near Wagga Wagga, NSW, and have a large portfolio of early-stage wind, solar and battery storage projects under development. Our goal is to develop and build projects leading the renewable energy transition in Australia. We work with industry innovators and tertiary institutions to provide sustainable, socially acceptable solutions for generation of electricity.