Questions? Contact C&L Chair, Aaron Anaya at CLChair@d53tm.org or (914) 213-9348
Communication & Leadership Award
The Communication and Leadership Award is presented by the District to a person in the community who is an outstanding communicator or leader. Giving this award is a distinct honor for the recipient and is one of the most effective ways to gain publicity for Toastmasters.
- Must be a resident of the geographical area covered by District 53 Toastmasters (Eastern New York, Western Massachusetts and Connecticut).
- Must be a non-Toastmaster, can be a former Toastmaster.
- Should have distinguished himself/herself as a leader or spokesperson for a worthy cause or purpose, especially as it exemplified their communication and leadership skills.
- Shall have made a significant contribution to the communities within the district. The impact of this contribution must be community or district-wide.
- Must be a skilled communicator/speaker.
- This award may not be presented to a recipient a second time.
- Must be able to personally accept the award and give an acceptance address at lunch at the District 53 Spring Conference (Sheraton Monarch Hotel, Springfield, MA, Saturday, May 6, 2023).
A person who has become a public official, a business leader, an academic leader, a volunteer organization leader, or who is successful in other fields of endeavor would be an excellent nominee.
Completing the Nomination Form
Nominations can only be accepted from current District 53 members in good standing (dues paid). Before you start your nomination, please note that it must be completed in one sitting, so have your answers prepared, as there is no option to save a draft. You may want to draft and refine this in Microsoft Word (or similar) before starting, then you can just cut and paste the answers into this nomination form. You will need the following information about your nominee:
- Contact info (email address & phone)
- Brief biography
- Why you feel this person merits the C&L award
- Links to supporting info about your nominee (optional)
- Photo of your nominee (optional)
- Any additional supporting info (optional)